Come Work with Us!
Now Hiring: Outreach Coordinator
The Outreach Coordinator is a full-time (40 hrs/week) position with the Carolina Farm Stewardship Association (CFSA). The Outreach Coordinator works in concert with CFSA staff to implement Communication strategies to increase our visibility, advance our mission, and grow our membership base and support. The Outreach Coordinator will work out of the Pittsboro, NC office, and will be required to travel throughout the Carolinas.
Carolina Farm Stewardship Association (CFSA) is a member based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that helps people grow and eat local, organic food by advocating for fair farm and food policies, building the systems that organic family farms need to thrive, and educating communities about local, organic farming. We support sustainable farming that is good for consumers, good for farmers and farm workers, and good for the land.
The Outreach Coordinator works in concert with the Communications and Development Director and CFSA staff to broaden and deepen CFSA’s membership and fundraising support and implement CFSA’s Marketing and Communications Plan. Key responsibilities include promoting CFSA programs and services, cultivating donors and members, and engaging activists in policy efforts. Additional responsibilities include producing CFSA’s quarterly newsletter, managing social media, developing success stories and feature pieces, copy editing, and assisting with website updates and enhancements. Position will require travel 20% of time and occasional night and weekend work.
The Outreach Coordinator reports to the Communications and Development Director and supervises no staff members.
MEMBERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT (80%)
- Work with CFSA staff to plan, coordinate and implement stakeholder campaigns to grow CFSA membership, increase visibility, and engage members, allied organizations, friends and volunteers.
- Attend, table and present at select events to communicate CFSA goals and programs, and encourage and promote CFSA membership and support
- Work with Communications and Development Director to identify, cultivate and solicit gifts from donors
- Work with Communications and Development Director to identify and cultivate relationships with potential foundation funders
- Collaborate with Communications and Development Director in recruiting, retaining and engaging CFSA individual, farmer, and business members
- Identify key partners in communities throughout the Carolinas to partner with in solicitation of new members
- Solicit and edit content for and produce CFSA’s quarterly print newsletter
- Manage CFSA’s social media communications on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
- Create monthly success stories in collaboration with the Communications Team
- Proof and edit CFSA technical reports, articles, and resource guides
- Assist with website maintenance, updates and enhancements
- Assist with promotion of CFSA events and programs, public relations and other communication activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Marketing or related field
- Communications and marketing experience, including website content, social media, web-based marketing, public relations, newsletter, and donor communications
- Experience in non-profit fundraising, including raising funds from individuals and corporations, asking for and closing major gifts, annual campaign fundraising, and building and maintaining long-term relationships with major donors, foundations, and corporations
- Proven track record of personally soliciting and successfully closing five-figure individual gifts
- Willingness to identify new prospects and attempt cold outreach
- Proficiency in computer use in a PC environment, including Microsoft applications, WordPress, donor management software, and social media management
- Proficiency in professional graphic design programs, including Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience, education, and/or a passion for sustainable agriculture
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals
- Must be self-directed, energetic, highly collaborative, and enthusiastic
- Be available in off hours to perform job duties
- Be willing to spend 20% of time in travel to meet prospects throughout multi-state service area
Salary commensurate with experience. CFSA offers generous vacation, health and retirement benefits. CFSA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and people of color.
To apply, submit a resume, list of professional references and a cover letter explaining why you want to work to promote local, organic agriculture to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line. You will receive electronic confirmation of your email submission. No calls, please.
Applications are due by August 29, 2014. The anticipated start date is October 1, 2014.
CFSA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and people of color.