LEARN MORE ABOUT CFSA’S VISION FOR A JUST, HEALTHY FOOD SYSTEM IN THE CAROLINAS IN OUR 2015-2018 STRATEGIC PLAN.
We help people in the Carolinas grow and eat local, organic food by advocating for fair farm and food policies, building the systems that organic family farms need to thrive, and educating communities about local, organic farming.
Create a regional food system that is good for consumers, good for farmers and farmworkers, and good for the land.
As an organization:
- We champion a food system that is secure and stable.
- We respect the role of the farmer, processor, distributor and consumer in the system.
- We support efforts to provide consumers healthy, safe, quality food. These efforts include:
- promoting organic standards,
- preserving non-genetically modified seeds and heritage breeds and
- recovering locally-adapted breeds and seeds.
- We revere our natural resources and are responsible for protecting these resources for future generations.
- We believe providing resources for the producer, purchaser and policymaker encourages accountability from the field to the fork.