We help people in the Carolinas grow and eat local, organic food by advocating for fair farm and food policies, building the systems that organic family farms need to thrive, and educating communities about local, organic farming.
Create a regional food system that is good for consumers, good for farmers and farmworkers, and good for the land.
As an organization:
- We champion a food system that is secure and stable.
- We respect the role of the farmer, processor, distributor and consumer in the system.
- We support efforts to provide consumers healthy, safe, quality food. These efforts include:
- promoting organic standards,
- preserving non-genetically modified seeds and heritage breeds and
- recovering locally-adapted breeds and seeds.
- We revere our natural resources and are responsible for protecting these resources for future generations.
- We believe providing resources for the producer, purchaser and policymaker encourages accountability from the field to the fork.
> Learn more about CFSA’s vision for a just, healthy food system in the Carolinas in our 2014 Strategic Plan.
CFSA is governed by our members
CFSA’s 2015 Board of Directors
The Carolina Farm Stewardship Association (CFSA) is governed by a diverse board of directors, elected by our members at the CFSA annual meeting. Our board includes farmers, business leaders, agriculture educators, and concerned citizens.
Members are the heart and voice of the Carolina Farm Stewardship Association
CFSA has thousands of members in the Carolinas — farmers, urban gardeners, local businesses and non-profit organizations, government agencies, foodies, activists, health nuts, and locavores — all working together to help people in the Carolinas grow and eat local, organic food. Learn More
Every year at our Sustainable Agriculture Conference, CFSA recognizes sustainable agriculture award recipients. The awards honor institutions and individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the sustainable food movement in North and South Carolina and have helped make the Carolinas one of the fastest growing sustainable agricultural sectors in the country.
DOWNLOAD: Past Award Winners List (1993-2012) (.pdf)
Building the capacity of organic farmers, extension agents, and agriculture professionals. Learn More