The Application Period is now closed. Stay tuned for more opportunities in late Spring 2017.
As part of our Food Systems work, the Carolina Farm Stewardship Association is offering FREE business development services to a select number of farms and food businesses in North and South Carolina.
These services may include:
- Feasibility Assessment
- Business Planning/Development
- Legal Structure Guidance
- Capital Identification/Development
- Market Channel Development
- Product Sourcing
In order to receive business development services assistance from CFSA, you MUST:
- Be a current CFSA farm or business member (or become a member upon notification of services award)
- Include 3 personal references with your application—one must be from a current CFSA member
- Your food business project MUST have the following:
- Farmer engagement and support
- Source raw products from sustainable producers in North and/or South Carolina
- An outline for project development or for your business plan
- At least one identified source of capital investment or funding
- A vision for becoming a self-sustaining business within 3 to 5 years
- Special consideration will be give to food business projects that:
- Focus on infrastructure and supply-chain development in the Carolinas and beyond
- Support certified organic producers
- Include sustainable or certified organic producers on advisory councils, boards and/or as co-owners
TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
If you meet the eligibility requirements, we urge you to submit an application for Food Systems Business Development Consulting Services.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY for our next application period.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS (.pdf)
In South Carolina:
Email Stephen Nix, SC Food Systems Coordinator or call 919-542-2402
Applicants in North Carolina:
Email Thomas Moore, NC Food Systems Coordinator or call 704-795-3172