As part of our Food Systems work, the Carolina Farm Stewardship Association is offering FREE business development services to qualified member farms and food businesses in North and South Carolina.
These services may include:
- Feasibility Assessment
- Business Planning/Development
- Legal Structure Guidance
- Capital Identification/Development
- Market Channel Development
- Product Sourcing
The next application period will be in Fall 2017.
This service can offer guidance all along the food system, from organic/sustainable producers, to food processors/manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, aggregators, packers, food retailers, and waste recovery companies.
- Sustainable/Organic Farms
- Food retail stores
- Food retail companies(ie jam, salsa, popsicle makers, etc…)
- Food hubs
- Farmers Markets
- Incubator Kitchens
- Butcher shops
- Seed Cleaners
In order to receive business development services from CFSA, you MUST:
- Be a current CFSA farm or business member (you do not need to be a member to apply)
If you are a food business –
- Your food business project MUST have the following:
- Farmer engagement and support
- Source raw products from sustainable producers in North and/or South Carolina
- An outline for project development or for your business plan
- At least one identified source of capital investment or funding
- A vision for becoming a self-sustaining business within 3 to 5 years
- Special consideration will be give to food business projects that:
- Focus on infrastructure and supply-chain development in the Carolinas and beyond
- Support certified organic producers
- Include sustainable or certified organic producers on advisory councils, boards and/or as co-owners
If you are a farm business –
- Your farm business must:
- Be located in North or South Carolinas
- Use sustainable or organic practices
TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Thank you for your interest. The next application period will be Fall 2017.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, we urge you to submit an application for Food Systems Business Development Consulting Services.
Any documents referenced in the application should be submitted by email to Thomas Moore.
Email Thomas Moore, NC Food Systems Coordinator or call 704-795-3172