Come Work with Us!
CFSA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and people of color.
The Communications Coordinator is a full-time position with the Carolina Farm Stewardship Association (CFSA). The Coordinator develops and implements CFSA’s Communications and Marketing strategies to increase our visibility, advance our mission, and grow our membership base and support. The Communications Coordinator will be based out of the Pittsboro office.
The Carolina Farm Stewardship Association (CFSA) is a member based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that helps people grow and eat local, organic food by advocating for fair farm and food policies, building the systems that organic family farms need to thrive, and educating communities about local, organic farming. Our vision is a vibrant, sustainable food system that is good for consumers, good for farmers and farmworkers, and good for the land.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing CFSA’s Communications Plan. Responsibilities include; developing and managing CFSA’s web, print and electronic communications; enhancing membership and fundraising efforts; producing three monthly eNewsletters for distinct audiences; promoting CFSA events, programs and resources; coordinating media releases and public relations; and managing contractors and vendors for communication needs.
The Communications Coordinator reports to the Communications and Development Director and supervises no staff.
- Develop the editorial calendar for CFSA’s monthly eNewsletters; solicit and edit content designed to promote the organization and our mission; create and distribute eNewsletters.
- Maintain and add quality content to CFSA’s website, highlighting the organization’s work, including resources for consumers, growers, ag-tivists, and agripreneurs.
- Manage social media accounts and CFSA’s blog.
- Write effective communicationsand fundraising messages for social media, print pieces, the website, emails, and eNewsletters promoting the organization and our mission to diverse audiences in conjunction with the Development Coordinator.
- Work with the Education Coordinatorto coordinate marketing and communications strategies for CFSA’s signature events, including the Sustainable Agriculture Conference, Farm Tours, and the Organic Commodities and Livestock Conference.
- Produce media releases and follow up with key media on story pitches.
- Manage contractors to design reports and resources, advertising, marketing, and other materials as needed.
- Manage print and other vendors to produce communicationspieces and collateral items within budget.
- Work in concert with Development Coordinatorto design, produce, and mail materials for fundraising campaigns.
- Manage the photo archive.
- Coordinate marketing and communicationactivities and work in concert with other communications staff.
Salary starts at $36,000, commensurate with experience, with generous vacation, retirement benefits, as well as a monthly fringe benefit of $360. CFSA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and people of color.
To apply, submit a resume, list of professional references and a cover letter explaining why you want to work with CFSA to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line by September 15, 2017. You will receive an electronic confirmation of your email submission. Please, no phone calls.