Advance registration is closed. Register on-site!
Check out the 2016 line-up of top speakers, workshops, and pre-conference intensives and tours!
The conference features amazing meals, great opportunities to network, make friends and new professional contacts, and extend the learning with the Seed Exchange, Book-Sign-A-Ganza, and NC and SC Legislative Updates.
2016 Local Food Feast and Keynote with Clara Coleman
Friday, Nov. 4, 2016
Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center
The conference will be held at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center in fabulous foodie Durham.
Thank you to our 2016 Conference Sponsors!
Keynote Presentation Slides
Clara Coleman, Building Sustainable Farming Legacies
Farm Scale Composting
Fermentation with Two Chicks
On Farm Research
- Bridging the Gap: Farmers, Beekeepers, and Activists Work Together to Keep the Hives Alive
- Sweet Potatoes from Start to Finish, Pam Dawling
- Innovative Horticultural Strategies for a new Permaculture Century – Chuck Marsh
- Growing Organic Field and Forest Medicinal Herbs as a Business – Jeanine Davis
- New Farmers: Tools and Resources for Getting Started, Nikki Seibert
- Agricultural Economics for the Small Farm – Bullen & McSwain
- Projects for Carpenters and Non-Carpenters – Frank Hyman
- Raising Ducks – Bjornson and Campbell
- More Than Just Food: Food Justice and Community Change – Garrett Broad
- The Edible South – Marcie Cohen Ferris
- Farm Finances
- Related Resource Webinar scheduled Nov 15th www.farmcrediteast.com/knowledge-exchange/Webinars
- Increasing Your Farm’s Diversity with Cut Flowers- monetarily and biologically – Cathy Jones
- Soil Health – Buz Kloot
- Advanced Organic Pest Management – McSwain
- Vermiculture – Rhonda Sherman
- Sustainable Farming Practices for New Growers – Pam Dawling
- An Appalachian Milpa Lifeway – Community Scale Carbon Farming, Zev Friedman
- Linking Consumers to Sustainable Farms
- Barriers to Healthy Food Access – Bloom and Bowen